The Safefill translucent bottle allows you to see how much gas is left – so no more estimating, and our automatic overfill protection device prevents filling beyond 80%, ensuring complete safety.Standard rented gas cylinders are not intended to be refilled by the customer – and much is said about the dangers and legal implications of doing so. We couldn’t agree more. Safefill cylinders are designed to be refilled. Our cylinders, manufactured by Hexagon Ragasco, have an unmatched safety record and feature:
- Automatic overfill prevention device – prevents refilling past 80%
- Additional back-check valve if you accidentally forget to close the valve after filling
- Tamper-proof fittings which only allow gas to exit when connected to an appliance
- No complicated hoses or adapters to connect; UK filling guns fits directly onto the Safefill valve
General LPG Safety Advice
- Always keep your cylinder in an upright position.
- Do not drop your cylinder from your vehicle as damage to bottles and valves can be caused.
- Never change or store cylinders in the presence of naked flames.
- Never store or use below ground level, as any leakage will collect at low levels.
- Storage should be well ventilated, preferably outdoors.
- Don’t use tools to operate bottle valves.
- Check hoses regularly. Ensure the cylinder is properly secured with hose clips. If hoses are damaged or showing signs of wear, replace them (using hose of correct quality).
The refilling of rented gas cylinders is illegal and could see you prosecuted for theft; it’s also extremely dangerous. Quite rightly the industry has serious concerns about this practice and wants to stamp it out. The Safefill cylinder is safe and easy to refill. Safefill looked at all the issues identified by the industry and developed a product that’s so easy to use; has no complicated hoses or attachments that could be incorrectly used; has an integral overfill protection device (OPD); a secondary back check valve in case you forget to close the valve and tamper-proof fittings that mean gas can only come out of the cylinder when it is attached to an appliance.
LPG is now available on many petrol station forecourts however as the industry has had concerns about people illegally filling rented cylinders, you may be refused in many of these until the Safefill message has been completely understood, which is an ongoing process.
Large 10kg, Medium 7.5kg, Small 5kg